We are so excited to welcome you back to the theatre!
Thank you all for your patience as we navigate this pandemic. In an effort to make the safety of our guests, volunteers, and staff a priority, we have amended some safety practices.
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, have been in close contact with someone who recently tested positive for COVID-19, have been asked to quarantine, or have tested positive for COVID-19:
- PLEASE DO NOT COME TO HARBISON THEATRE AT MIDLANDS TECHNICAL COLLEGE.
- According to CDC guidelines, you should self-isolate.
These plans are consistent with the Executive Orders of the Governor of South Carolina and the guidelines and recommendations of our public health authorities, the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Timelines are driven by DHEC and CDC recommendations.
Public health officials continue to learn more and to communicate their findings about the COVID-19 virus. These policies, plans, and protocols will be revised as necessary as more information becomes available.
Per the CDC, “COVID-19 is mostly spread by respiratory droplets released when people talk, cough, or sneeze. It is thought that the virus may spread to hands from a contaminated surface and then to the nose or mouth, causing infection.” Therefore, personal prevention practices such as social distancing, wearing face coverings, handwashing, staying home when sick, plus environmental cleaning and disinfecting are important practices.
- HT@MTC has implemented socially distanced seating, and patrons can choose seats in groups of two. All tickets have been mapped out in the space so each group of seats is six feet apart.
- MTC staff has increased cleaning and disinfecting practices in the entire building.
- If you are feeling ill, please STAY HOME and call the box office prior to the performance for your ticket return options.
- Masks are required at all times while inside the Harbison Theatre building.
- There will be temperature checks at the main doors to allow entry.
- Please review your ticket for your assigned seating time. The time to enter the building has been issued to you through email or on your ticket that arrived in the mail.
- Guests will have access to seating beginning 30 minutes before showtime. We will be happy to seat special needs guests early if requested.
- Please follow the marked flow of traffic signage in the theatre lobby and building.
- Please use hand sanitizing stations when possible before entering and after leaving the theatre.
- Doors will be held open for you.
- Elevator usage is limited to two passengers at a time. If you are able to, please use the stairs until we return to normal operations.
- When arriving to and leaving the show, please observe social distancing and avoid gathering in the lobby.
- As you use the restroom, please be mindful of social distancing.
- When possible, print ticket(s) at home.
- If we use our no-touch scanning system, please hold your tickets out so that they may be scanned. Please have your ID readily available in case we use the check-in method for admittance.
We look forward to seeing you soon.