We are so excited to welcome you back to the theatre!
Thank you all for your patience as we navigate this pandemic. In an effort to make the safety of our guests, volunteers, and staff a priority, we have amended some safety practices.
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, have been in close contact with someone who recently tested positive for COVID-19, have been asked to quarantine, or have tested positive for COVID-19:
- PLEASE DO NOT COME TO HARBISON THEATRE AT MIDLANDS TECHNICAL COLLEGE.
Public health officials continue to learn more and to communicate their findings about the COVID-19 virus. These policies, plans, and protocols will be revised as necessary as more information becomes available.
Per the CDC, “COVID-19 is mostly spread by respiratory droplets released when people talk, cough, or sneeze. It is thought that the virus may spread to hands from a contaminated surface and then to the nose or mouth, causing infection.” Therefore, personal prevention practices such as social distancing, wearing face coverings, handwashing, staying home when sick, plus environmental cleaning and disinfecting are important practices.
- In light of the August 17 Supreme Court ruling, face coverings are required at all times while inside the Harbison Theatre lobby and theatre.
- MTC staff has increased cleaning and disinfecting practices in the entire building.
- If you are feeling ill, please STAY HOME and call the box office prior to the performance for your ticket return options.
- Please review your email for performance doors and seating times.
- Guests will have access to seating beginning 30 minutes before showtime. We will be happy to seat special needs guests early if requested.
- Please follow the marked flow of traffic signage in the theatre lobby and building.
- Please use hand sanitizing stations when possible before entering and after leaving the theatre.
- Doors will be held open for you as much as possible.
- Elevator usage is limited to two passengers at a time. If you are able to, please use the stairs until we return to normal operations.
- When arriving to and leaving the show, please observe social distancing and avoid gathering in the lobby.
- As you use the restroom, please be mindful of social distancing.
- When we use our no-touch scanning system, please hold your tickets out so that they may be scanned. Please have your ID readily available in case we use the check-in method for admittance.
Due to pandemic uncertainty, shows that are planned could possibly be delayed and/or canceled. We are working within CDC guidelines to make sure our patrons, staff, and volunteers will be safe, and we will keep all ticket purchasers informed if any changes are made.
We appreciate your patience and can't wait to see you at the theatre.